Friday 27 January 2017

got Wings?

Thinking about angels protecting us.  Angels after as, point the way to God- who protects.  However, 'got wings' could mean so many different things to different people; such as encouraging someone to take flight.



To make this card, I first put down embossing paste with gold embossing powder and heat set it.  I purposely let some of the embossing overhang the edge for interest and a messy look (because life is).  Then I painted the whole paper with black acrylic paint.  Before it was dry I used a baby wipe to remove the paint on the gold embossing.  I then took three colours of distress ink and when into the background with them (candied apple, pine needles and salty ocean).  Then I took two background stamps with Hero Arts Unicorn White ink and inked up the background.  After this I splattered white paint on the background, smudging it here and there as well.  

I then cut out two wings with a background for each and the wings? sentiment with my Cameo.  I painted the wings? black and then added blue dollar store glitter with clear glue.  I painted the front piece of the wings yellow and blue and the back white and black (mixing the colours in places).  I sprinkled the backings of the wings with clear sparkly dollar store glitter and painted a coat of Stevenson Professional Acrylic in Iridescent Pearl over the yellow and blue wing fronts.  Lastly, I used my studio G alpha set and embossed the word 'got' on black paper, and then I assembled the card.  I add white string for detail and put foam squares on the backs of the wings and the black paper.



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge





2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love those glittery feathers and the background is really cool. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that amazing background!! So pretty! Great sparkle too!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. They really make my day!