Thursday 14 March 2019

My Favorite Things Cute Chemists


Hi pepps!  Here is the card I have up on the Scrap N Stamp blog today.  
This March my parent's will be married for 38 years.  Every year they request that I make cards for them to give to each other.  Here is one of the cards.

Directions:

Make an A2 card with white cardstock.  Fold in half with a bone folder.  I thought brick/subway tiles would make a nice background; however, I did not have a stencil.  I created one with a piece of cardstock, pencil and exacto knife.


 Then I inked my home-made stencil with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  (The green on the top of the card is post-it notes to prevent over inking.)


 I added Weathered Wood Distress Ink to the sides and splashed some clear water droplets on top.


To create the sentiment cloud, I stamped the sentiment "Let's Bond" from the My Favorite Things stamp set Cute Chemists.  Then I partially stamped the explosion cloud stamp from the My Favorite Things stamp set Cute Chemists around the "Let's Bond" sentiment numerous times to create the completed cloud.



I stamped the boy and numerous containers from the Cute Chemists set with Memento Tux Black and coloured them with a alcohol based marker.  Then I cut a strip of black cardstock and adhered it to the bottom of the card.  I added all the other coloured images from the Cute Chemists stamp set and adhered them to the card with dry adhesive, as shown.


1 comment:

  1. I love your card. I'm going to adapt it to a Harry Potter type card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. They really make my day!