Thursday 19 January 2017

Three Different Cards with Hero Arts Background Stamp


I used colours that I remember from Old Town, San Diego.  (Black contrasting with bright colours, white and maybe gold.)  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and the background is an old Hero Arts stamp.  



To make this gold number I used two Hero Arts sets.  I embossed the background and then went in with three distress inks: spiced marmalade, abandoned coral and carved pumpkin.  Between every layer I put down water droplets and then soaked them up with a cloth.  This gives a detailed layering effect that is really cool.  Inside this card and the next one the sentiment reads: every little thing is going to be alright.  Great encouragement cards!


This last one is my favorite.  I was going for a shabby chic design when I made this.  I used spun sugar, abandoned coral and aged mahogany distress inks in the background and then followed the same water droplet technique I used for the orange card.


http://sugarpeadesigns.com/blog/2017/01/11/mix-it-up-challenge-27-fresh-inspiration/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. They really make my day!